HOLIDAY POWER SAVE MODE

Friday, December 22, 2006

Greetings,

Starting today, and for the next week (through Friday, Dec. 29), my commentaries will be very, very abbreviated. Minis, we'll call them. I am going to Col0rado to visit my family. I will still have puzzle and commentary, every day, but entries will be shorter, and they may appear at odd, somewhat later hours of the day. For instance, I have no idea when I'll do today's commentary. Probably this afternoon. I have to cart Sahra around all morning, doing last minute preparations for leaving. She's getting a haircut and (possibly) seeing Santa at the mall. She's not sure if she really wants to sit on some guy's lap, but she Knows she wants presents, so...

That's all

Signed, Rex Parker, King of CrossWorld

4 comments:

Anonymous 11:48 AM  

Merry Christmas to you all, Rex.

Anonymous 7:42 PM  

Rex, this NYT crossword blog is very entertaining and helpful, but the pages take *way* too long to load, even with DSL. 5 min 40 sec for the November page I just looked at! The problem is the scanned crossword images -- they need to be reduced way down in size and saved in gif format. You can do it online with Gifbot at netmechanic.com (free) if you don't have your own image editing software to do it.

If you want to find out how long your pages are taking to load for the outside world, try calling one up from another computer, other than the one they were created on.

I hope you'll do this, because I'd like to read the crossword blog every day, but that load time is pretty daunting.

Rex Parker 10:26 PM  

My crosswords are no longer scanned, but screen-grabbed, and are Much smaller than the scans I used to do (thru sometime in Nov, I think). I will see about fixing page load time. I know nothing about computers (almost) and the minor success of this blog has taken me a bit by surprise, necessitating that I do things I am not yet capable of. I'll get there. In the meantime, Read it every day anyway, Stephanie. Patience is a virtue, I hear.

RP

Anonymous 10:05 AM  

You certainly do very well for someone who professes not to know much about computers. But then my assessment is probably worth not much since I know very little about on-line computing.

Still, keep up the good work. Best wishes for the new year.
Happy solving!

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP