Wanted: Guest Blogger

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Dear faithful readers,

I'll be out of the country from April 6 - April 13 (Friday to Friday), and I will also be out of blogging range (that's my story, anyway). Rather than discontinue the blog for eight days, I was kinda hoping that I could get someone (or ones) to fill in. No major write-ups expected, just the completed grid and whatever you feel needs saying. I can offer you the major cash award of zero dollars. I can also promise you that as soon as I get around to producing "Rex Parker Does the NYT Crossword Puzzle" T-Shirts, I will give you one for free.

Anyway, it's just an idea.

Send applications to me at the email address is the sidebar. I'll decide how I'm gonna handle the whole vacation thing in the next "48 Hrs." ...

Best,
RP

4 comments:

Anonymous 4:03 AM  

About the musical clues : a slur is a curved line connecting notes on a score to indicate that they are to be played or sung legato. As for "tacet", it means exactly what you said.
Clue 29a was tricky because the fourth chief justice of the Supreme Court was also a Marshall, John Marshall. His successor was Roger Taney though, and that's five letters...

Anonymous 10:36 PM  

Rex,

here's hoping someone will step up to the challenge of guest sitting your blog. I would if I were not beginner/intermediate who can't usually finish Fri/Sat puzzles -- plus we do the puzzle on paper and our NYT does not reliably arrive here in Wyoming. Absolutely love your x-word blog AND sidebars (I thought I was the only nerd who collected pencils....). Your fun Stamford comments have inspired me to actually consider ACPT 2008. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! I hope you have a terrific vacation.

Anonymous 11:03 PM  

It's already getting to me - 8 days without Rex commentary! I can't stand it! There oughta be a law!

Looking forward to hearing the game plan for the hiatus ...

Anonymous 8:42 AM  

Wendy - I'm with you! How to survive the next week without Rex?!?

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP